Ever wondered how you can make your hips wider? You don’t have to undergo expensive and painful surgery. You can do it the natural way, but you have to be disciplined and motivated to get your desired results.
Or maybe you are working out already but can’t see a difference? Perhaps you are doing it wrong. This post will give you some quick tips so you can start training your hips – the right way.
What do we mean by ‘big hips’?
We don’t mean that you have to compare the measurement of your hips to other women’s. What we mean by big hips is having wide hips compared to your own waist. Think about Scarlett Johansson and Marilyn Monroe.
A lot of people, regardless of gender, are fascinated with women having big hips. Apart from looking good or sexy, they perceive them as healthy and fit.
Can you change the bone structure of your hips? The answer is NO. It has got to do with genes. Some are born with wider hips while some are just of the normal range.
But again, that doesn’t mean you can’t improve your waist to hip ratio. You can do it by building muscles on your hip while maintaining a lean waist.
Exercises for bigger hips
What you need are a stepper or a box that is around 15 inches high and dumbbells.
- Lift the left foot onto your box.
- Move your weight to that leg.
- Push down the foot and heel.
- Straighten your leg once you are at the top of the box.
- Your right leg must be passive.
- Repeat it for around 12 times before switching to your right leg.
Quadruped hip extensions
This is effective to work out the muscles of your buttocks.
- Get down on your hands and knees.
- Raise your leg. Lift it until the base of your foot points to the ceiling. Make sure that it is lined up with your body.
- Put your leg down.
- Repeat for around eight times before switching to another leg.
This is beneficial to your thigh muscles, core, back, and of course, buttocks.
- Stand and position your feet. Ensure that it is more than hip-width apart.
- Your arms should be on the sides and your palms must face inward.
- Slowly lower your hips until your thighs are almost parallel to the ground.
- Raise yourself back and repeat.
This is recommended if you want to tone your buttocks. It can even make your pelvic muscles stronger. What you need to get for now is your mat.
- Lie down and make sure that your legs are hip-width apart.
- Bend your knees and your feet should be flat on the ground.
- Place your arms on your side.
- Breathe out. Raise your hip while the abdominal muscles are contracted. Just be careful not to arch your back too much to avoid injury.
- Breathe in and lower your body to reach the ground once again.
Of course, apart from doing exercises which will benefit your lower body, it is essential that you maintain good health by eating the right foods. Stay away from fatty ones and start living a healthy lifestyle. After all, what’s a good looking body if you are weak, right?