One of the most common cancers around the globe is breast cancer. According to studies, 1 out of 10 women will develop breast cancer and it has been one of the leading causes of death. However, we must all remember that breast cancer is no longer a death sentence. There are a number of ways we can prevent it.
Breasts removal, is it the best preventive measure?
A number of women are so scared of breast cancer since they have relatives who died from it. Their solution is to have their breast removed even before it happens. Of course, for some people, this is such a drastic move and would rather do something more subtle to prevent breasts cancer.
What are the foods to avoid?
If you want to decrease the risks of having breast cancer, here are the foods you might have to limit or stay away from.
- Instead of eating animal fats, choose lean organic meats.
- If you want to consume dairy, make sure that it is low-fat.
- Lessen your alcohol intake. Do not drink more than 1 unit per day.
- Remember not to re-heat pre-packaged foods in plastic. If you must know, the chemicals from plastic can be transferred to the food. If you want to re-heat anything, transfer it first to steel cookware or glass container.
Best foods to prevent breast cancer
- Make a juice out of radish, celery, ginger, raw beetroot, cabbage, apple, and raw carrots. Add aloe vera juice and you will instantly feel rejuvenated.
- Consume soya products like yogurt, milk, and tofu. According to studies, women in Japan and Thailand have lesser cases of breast cancer simply because they regularly eat soya during their younger years. Soya has an active ingredient known as genistein. This is known to stop the growth of cancer cells.
- Are you familiar with linseeds? Sprinkle this to your regular meal to stop the development of cancer.
- You should also prepare meals which include Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and cabbage. These foods are known to prevent different types of cancers.
- For a healthy breakfast that can prevent breast cancer, you can mix apple, blueberries, banana, and dried figs. Add rice milk and you are good to go.
You can also include the following to your diet:
- sweet potatoes
- French beans
- red peppers
- Make sure that you examine your breast at least once a month. Check for any irregularities and if you find any, please consult a doctor right away. The earlier you can detect it, the more chances that it can be cured.
- Always exercise. This should be done regularly so you can reduce stress levels, which we all know can affect the development of cancer. Plus, exercising strengthens the immune system.
- Use a comfortable bra. Just so you know, those who are always wearing tight-fitting bra have a higher risk of developing breast cancer.
If you happen to be diagnosed with breast cancer, don’t lose hope. There are a lot of cases wherein patients have been completely cured. You just have to change your lifestyle and of course, to follow the doctor’s orders.