2. Eat fruits and vegetables
These fruits and vegetables can help increase your blood flow, ensuring that you last longer. These fruits include:
- Onions and Garlic: Onions and garlic help increase your blood circulation by reducing blood pressure, while keeping your arteries flexible.
- Bananas: Potassium in bananas helps to lower blood pressure, and this in turn enhances your reproductive organs and boosts your sexual performance.
- Chillies and Peppers: Not only do naturally spicy foods help with increasing blood flow, but they also reduce hypertension and inflammation too.
3. Eat food rich in nutrients
Not only can you eat fruits and vegetables, but eating meat and other foods may help too, as long as they are rich in the nutrients below:
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Highly nutritious, omega-3 acids are mostly found in fatty fish such as salmon and tuna, but there are also plant-based options such as the avocado and in olive oil.
- Vitamin B-1: Vitamin B-1 works wonders on your nervous system, quickening the signals sent from your brain to your sexual organs, which improves arousal. It can be found mostly in pork, peanuts and also in kidney beans.
4. Reduce stress
Stress has many debilitating effects on your health, and not least on your sex drive. As stress causes your blood pressure to increase, while accelerating your heart rate beyond healthy levels. Not only does an unhealthy buildup of stress reduce your libido, but it also causes harm to your performance. In the worst cases, stress can cause you to have erectile dysfunction, or be unable to reach an orgasm. One good way to relieve stress would be to exercise, and you’ll also get the benefits of point 1.
However, stress, if not dealt with, may lead to bad habits being formed. This will in turn cause your sexual performance to decline.
5. Kick bad habits
Sexual performance can also be inhibited by bad habits, such as smoking and the consumption of alcohol. Although a moderate amount of red wine may help to improve blood circulation, an excess of alcohol can only have detrimental effects.
This is caused by the fact that stimulants narrow your blood vessels, restricting your blood flow, and may also cause impotence. Thus, if you have these bad habits, and would like to improve your sexual health, do consider replacing these habits with healthier ones.