If you are at home and you don’t have access to weights, you can still do some simple arm exercises. And this post might be your best reference. Most of the things we will list here are perfect even for beginners. Plus, these are also advisable if you want to work your core and upper body.
Arm workouts you can do at home
- Stand up straight and position your feet hip-width apart.
- Bend and put your hands on the ground.
- Slowly walk your hands forward until you reach a high plank position.
- Pause for a second.
- Slowly walk your hands back and go back to your original position.
The all-time favorite push -up
- Start in a high plank.
- Simply bend your elbow while lowering your chest to the ground.
- Push your arms to go back to its first position.
- Repeat the steps.
You can also drop your knees if necessary.
If this is too challenging for you, try the incline push-up. Get a bench or a box and use it for this exercise. Instead of placing your palms on the ground, you can use the box as support.
Burpee with push-up
- Stand straight with your legs hip-width apart. Your hands should be on the side.
- Squat and then place your hands on the floor.
- Kick your legs behind and bend your elbows.
- Straighten your elbows to do a push-up.
- Jump your feet and your lower body should be in a squat.
- Jump straight and extend your arms.
The plank tap
- Position your body in a high plank with your palms flat on the ground.
- Extend your legs behind.
- Tap your left shoulder using your right hand.
- Tap your right hand using your left shoulder.
If you are just starting out, you might want to spread your legs a bit. But if you want to take your game up, you can try the plank jack instead. While you are in a high plank position, jump your feet out and in as if you are doing jumping jacks. But remember not to bounce your hips and butt.
Preventing arm injuries
Give your arms a rest
Some of us would like to see results the fastest possible time and that’s why we try to overdo arm exercises. We don’t stop until we get our desired results. But the danger here is that you might cause injuries. Always know your limitations and give your arms a rest. If you feel that something hurts, immediately stop and seek professional help.
Know the right position or form
It is highly important that you know the correct form when exercising. If not, you might not be able to get your targeted results, and at the same time, cause injuries. Before you do the above exercises, it is advisable to ask an expert to check if you are doing it correctly. When you are confident that you can do it on your own, then go ahead.
Do you have other exercises to share with us? Go ahead and place it in the comments section.