If you haven’t heard, collarbones are all the rage right now! They help to enhance your feminine vibe, and at the same time make you look poised and sexy.
In addition, collarbones give off an overall slimming effect, making your face appear smaller and sharper than it actually is. Want to stun the crowd when you wear that off-shoulder dress? Read on to find out how you can sculpt prominent and slim collarbones!
Jogging is a simple and essential exercise to help you lose overall weight. It helps to tone both the upper and lower body as well. Losing excess fat is important when building prominent collarbones as you don’t want the fats to hide them away.
Go have a jog at the park or on the treadmill at least 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week to keep your body fit and toned!
This exercise uses the muscles on your shoulder and upper back. Toning these muscles make your collarbones appear more obvious and defined. In addition, pushups can help to open up your shoulders, correcting any tendencies of a slouchy shoulder.
If you’re a beginner at pushups, you can start small by attempting wall pushups. This is the easiest variation among pushups.
- Place both hands on the wall, about a shoulder-width apart.
- Step back and position your feet together. Rise up into a tiptoe position.
- Using your core, push forward towards the wall as you bend your arms.
- Push back to the original position.
- Repeat this for 30 times to complete one rep.
Swimming is known to help accentuate and broaden your shoulders. It is also a sport that works the muscles all around your body, proving to be an effective solution to weight loss. As you swim, the fats around your shoulders and arms are converted to muscles, making them leaner and toned. As your shoulders and chest are trained to open up, your collarbones will appear straighter and more balanced.
4. Shoulder shrugging
This convenient and simple exercise helps to relax your shoulder and increase the prominence of your collarbones.
- Start by rotating your shoulder clockwise and anti-clockwise for at least 30 seconds.
- Thereafter, pull both your shoulders up towards your ears, and hold in the position for about 10 seconds.
- Slowly relax them back to the original position.
- Repeat this for 30 times, whenever and wherever you want.
You don’t have to lift heavy weights to build sculpted collarbones. Simply grab small dumbells of at least 2 kg to perform this exercise.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. Keep your body straight, your core contracted, and your arms bent such that the dumbbells are positioned right in front of your shoulders.
- Lift the dumbells up and over your head.
- Slowly bring your arms back down.
- Repeat this for 5 to 10 times for 3 reps.
6. Bridge Pose
Taken from yoga, the bridge pose is an effective posture to help strengthen and tone your shoulders to make your collarbones jut out.
- Lie down on your back, and bend your knees with your feet on the floor. Straighten your arms at the side of your body, with your palms flat to the ground.
- Exhale as you lift your hips towards the ceiling.
- Draw your tailbone towards your pubic bone, but do not squeeze the muslces in your butt to sustain in the position.
- Ensure that your shoulders are opened up as you stay in the position. Clash your hands under your pelvis and straighten your arms as much as possible. This provides a good stretch to your shoulders and back.
- Hold in the position for one minute, before slowly unclasping your hands and lowering your body.
Take before and after photos to track the progress of your collarbones! When you’ve achieved your desired results, you can wear tops with a low V neck, or off shoulder dresses with confidence! Dust on some highlighter on your collarbones to make them even more prominent!
Cover Image: Blog.naver.com