Want to slim down and have a flat belly? Try this belly slimming detox water.
Drinking loads of water can help you to slim down. But drinking water infused with healthy and juicy fruits can take it up a notch. Of course, water is good for you, but adding fruits to your water can make your water have flavour with extra vitamins that can be good for you. It also tastes amazing!
In this belly slimming detox water, we will be using cucumber, lemon, oranges, and mint leaves. Pretty simple right? All these ingredients can be found at your local supermarket. So how does this work?
Now, cucumber helps to prevent water retention and also has anti-inflammatory properties. It is 95% water and all that water helps to cleanse the liver, our main detoxifying organ. Cucumbers also help to flush toxins and waste material out of our body. It also helps to prevent constipation which is good for your digestive system.
Lemons have citric acid which means it has a cleansing effect on the body which helps to clear out the digestive system. Lemon juice acid is also similar to the digestive acid in our stomach. By drinking lemon infused water, it tricks the liver into producing bile which keeps food moving through your digestive track smoothly.
Oranges are full of vitamin C and fibre. The vitamin C helps our body to fight against free radicals while the fibre helps to stimulate digestive juices and relieves constipation. Plus, oranges are sweet therefore it adds a sweet taste to your belly slimming detox water.
4. Mint leaves
Mint leaves help the body to digest more easily and also soothes any stomach cramps that you have. It also helps to keep bloating away and other stomach problems while you are trying to lose weight by adding a refreshing kick to your detox water.
Here is the recipe for the belly slimming detox water.
- 1/2 fresh cucumber (sliced)
- 1/2 lemon (sliced)
- 1/4 orange (sliced)
- A few mint leaves
- 700 ml ice water
- Slice up cucumber, lemon., and orange into slices and set it aside.
- Then, take a mug and fill it with 700ml of ice cold water. You would want your detox water to be chilled as it tastes better that way.
- Once you’re done with that, take your cucumber, lemon, orange, and a few pieces of mint leaves and add it to the water.
- Make sure not to leave it overnight for more than 24 hours as the mint leaves can turn brown and will not taste as good anymore.
- Also, make sure to replace the fruits after 2 -3 refills because the fruits will not be as fresh anymore and the vitamins would be as much as fresh fruits.
You are done!
Now you have a healthy and delicious belly slimming detox water that can help you to say goodbye to that belly fat. Also, check out some of the exercises that can help you to get rid of your muffin top and also to get a flat belly.
Cover photo: Kaliwanders